Store administrators can send newsletters to many subscribers in a queue of multiple batches to manage the load on the server. To check the status, store owners can check the newsletter queue periodically and see how many newsletters have been processed. The Newsletter Problem Report will display any problems that occur during transmission. In this article, we will describe a tutorial on how to send newsletters in Magento 2 backend
Follow these steps to send a newsletter:
- On the Admin menu, click Marketing. After that , click Newsletter Templates under Newsletters.
- In the Newsletter Templates grid, find the template for the newsletter to be sent. After that, change the Action column to “Queue Newsletter.”
- In the Queue Date Start field, choose the date that the transmission is to begin from the calendar.
- In the Subscribers From list choose each store view to be included in the email blast.
- Complete the email header information as follows:
- Input a brief description of the newsletter for the Subject line of the email header.
- Input the Sender Name.
- In the Sender Email field, input the email address of the sender.
The default name and the sender’s email address is specified in the configuration.
- If applicable, input note in the Message box above the instructions to unsubscribe. Do not delete the instructions, because the instructions are required by law in many jurisdictions.
- Click Save and Resume after completed.
The newsletter displays in the queue are waiting to be processed.
Follow these steps to check for problems:
- On the Admin menu, click Reports.
- Below Marketing, click Newsletter Problem Reports.
Above is a complete tutorial on how to send newsletters in Magento 2 backend, we hope that you can send newsletters to subscribers smoothly. Leave a comment if you have any question, and subcribe Mageguides for the next Magento 2 guidelines article. In the next article, we will describe how to manage subscribers in Magento 2 backend.