Using coupons is an effective way to support for your online store marketing promotion? You create them one by one, through Cart price rules setting. However, it might take a lot of time to create a set of coupon codes by that way. Fortunately, Magento 2 provides you coupon codes that can be automatically generated. You can control the number of characters, how they are organized, and so on. This article will give you information to successfully control the tool.
To set up the format for automatically generated coupons, follow steps below:
- Sign up with your admin account. On the Admin sidebar, click Stores.
- Select Configuration under Settings.
- On the left panel, expand Customers row, then choose Promotions.
- Now you can set the features for your coupons:
- Code length: The length of codes, not including prefix, suffix, and separators. You can either set it as default (by marking the Use System Value checkbox) or set it as your preference just by entering a number into the box (first, you need to unmark the Use System Value checkbox).
- Code format: Like Code length, you can also select Use System Value. If you don’t want to, unmark the checkbox and choose one of the three options: Alphanumeric, Alphabetical, or Numeric.
- Code Prefix: Enter the character(s) that you want to add to the beginning of your codes. This might be a sign to remind you which promotion program the codes are used for, or something impressive to your customers.
- Code Suffix: The ending marks for the codes. Code Prefix and Code Suffix are optional.
- Dash Every X Characters: The number of characters that you may want to separate by a dash, in case the code length is too long.
- When finish setting up, click Save Config at the upper-right corner to save the changes.
Congratulation! You’ve already known how to configure a set of automatically generated coupon codes for your promotion program. Now you can save a lot of time to do other things.