(0 votes, average: 0.00 out of 5, rated)
What is automatic product redirects? How to set up automatic redirects? In this article, we will show you a quick explanation of automatic product redirects in Magento 2.
What is Automatic Product Redirects?
In case the URL key of a product or category changes, your store can be customized to create a permanent redirect automatically. Moreover, the checkbox below the URL key indicates if permanent redirects are activated in the Search Engine Optimization field. Like updating the URL key, creating a redirect is easy when your store is already set up to redirect catalog URLs automatically. With both products and categories, the progress of making an automatic redirect is similar.
Configure Automatic Redirects
- Select Stores on the Admin sidebar -> Choose Configuration under Settings.
- Choose Catalog under Catalog section in the left panel.
- Widen the Search Engine Optimization field.
- Apply “Yes” to Create Permanent Redirect for URLs if URL Key Changed.
- Click Save Config to finish.
Redirect Product/Category URLs Automatically
- Choose Products on the Admin sidebar -> Tap Catalog/Categories under Inventory.
- Look for the product in the list or the category in the tree and click to open the record.
- Widen the Search Engine Optimization area -> Follow this instruction in the URL Key part:
- Ensure that the Create Permanent Redirect for old URL checkbox is marked. If not, do as the instructions to enable automatic redirects.
- Update the URL Key with all lowercase characters and hyphens instead of using spaces.
- Tap Save when completing.
- If you need to refresh the cache, go to the links in the message at the top of the workspace. The permanent redirect is now effective for the product and any related category URLs.
We have shown you an explanation of automatic product redirects in Magento 2. If you have any query, please feel free to contact us and remember to subscribe our site to get more articles.