Media Storage is known as an useful tool helping you arrange and approach media files stored on the server. This article will give you the overview of media storage and an easy guide to insert images or upload files with media storage in Magento 2.
Media storage is regularly placed in the file system on the same server as the Magento program files. The link to the location of media files is elected by the base URL configuration and the editor can gain access to files in media storage when working on pages or immobile blocks.
In addition, media files can be controlled in a dataset, set on a divided server or content delivery network. To utilize either static or dynamic media URLs for the content of catalog in category or product descriptions, the editor can be adjusted.
Add an Image from Media Storage
- Open the page or block to be edited by choosing Content from Admin Sidebar then tapping Pages or Blocks under Elements.
- Select one of the following ways to add an image from media storage:
Option 1: Using WYSIWYG Mode
- Click on Insert Image tab on the toolbar of the WYSIWYG editor.
2. Choose Browse after the Image URL section.
3. In the bibliography on the left, select the folder storing the image.
4. Tap Insert File after determining the title of the image.
Option 2: Using HTML Mode
- Place the cursor in the code containing the <img> tag.
- Click on Insert Image
Upload Files to Media Storage
The initial two steps are equivalent to the way that you add an image:
- On the toolbar of the WYSIWYG editor, tap Insert Image.
- Select Browse after the Image URL part.
- Do one of the following in the left directory:
- Go to the folder that you choose to keep the uploaded image.
- Go to the location where you want to add a new folder -> Click on Create Folder -> Type the folder name -> Choose OK
- Use Choose Files to upload files to media storage and do the following:
a. Move to the place of the images in the index of your local computer.
b. Choose each image which is to be uploaded.
c. Click Open and the images are uploaded to the current media storage file.
In this article, you must have had details about media storage and how to insert images or upload files with media storage in Magento 2. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us.